We are at 3/4 year old...only 4 months away from the big 1 year mark!! EEK!!! Sweet girl has her first cold, so her little eyes and nose are a little more rosy than normal in her 8 month pics, but it certainly hasn't kept her down! :)
What is Sadie up to these days?
- She weighs 16 lb 5 oz (30%), and is 26 inches (13%) long.
- She is in size 2 diapers.
- She still wears some 6 month clothes, but is mostly in 6-9 months.
- She eats 4-5 times a day. She takes a 3.5 ounce bottle with 2 meals a day with solids, and the other 2-3 feedings she either takes a 4.5/5 ounce bottle or nurses.
- She has been such a good eater! This month, we have introduced her to blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, peaches, avocados, broccoli, yogurt, cheese, chicken, and oatmeal. She also loves Baby Mum Mums for a snack. The ONLY thing so far she hasn't been interested in is chicken - she has loved everything else!
- How has sleeping been this month? Well...it's been a little rough. Sadie has struggled with sleeping since the 6 month mark. She's had a little bit of separation anxiety and will only be consoled by Mommy at night, usually wanting to nurse or just be snuggled close. We are still transitioning her to her bedroom from her bassinet in our room. Hoping for more sleep filled nights soon!
- New things she has started doing this month - a big milestone - Sadie has her first tooth, which means lots and lots of knawing on anything she can get in her mouth!...She is so so very close to crawling - she rolls pretty much to where ever she wants to go, and scoots around. She WANTS to get up and go sooo bad - I suspect she'll be on the move before the 9 month mark!...She's also trying to figure out how to pull up in the bath tub and her crib - she loves to stand up, and her little legs are so strong!...She is holding her bottle more independently, and is so proud of herself when she does...She has also started a little game where she laughs when others are laughing too...it's the sweetest thing!
- Some of her new favorite things - she loves to play peek a boo, be tickled, play with paper/napkins, and her favorite toys right now are her stuffed tiger, Blabla baby, any remote!, her Sophie teether, and xylophone.
- I know she will probably change when we hit the toddler stage, but right now she travels well and is so easy to take to restaurants or shopping. I'm so thankful for how content and laid back our girl is!
Sadie still loves books so very much, and loves to hold them and look at the pictures. Her favorites are Brown Bear Brown Bear, 10 Little Babies, Goodnight Moon, and Kisses...but, she'll sit and listen to pretty much any book!
We hit a big medical milestone for Sadie this month - after having a routine check up with her TEF doctor, we only scheduled another check up in 3 months instead of a surgery!! Sadie has had a surgery every 2 months up to this point of her life. We are so very thankful for this progress!!!
My, how this sweet girl has grown and changed in the last 8 months!!
Happy 8 months, sweet Sadie Hope!