.

.

Monday, March 3, 2014

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

After 10 years of teaching little ones, March 2nd means one thing to me - Dr. Seuss' birthday!  Sadie is like her Mama, and loves any excuse to have a celebration, so we had to dig out my Dr. Seuss books and Cat in the Hat characters out of my school tubs for her to play with! 
What did she think of the Cat in the Hat, you ask?  She did the first thing she does to everyone these days - put his hand in her mouth!  I think that's her way of saying she liked him! 

To celebrate the day, Sadie got her first set of Dr. Seuss board books!
My girl LOVES books.  I have read to her every day since she came home from the hospital.  Reading ranks right up there with splashing in the bathtub for Sadie ;).  We read at least 4-5 books every night (we have our favorites that we have to read, and then we try a new one or two.)
She has learned how to turn the pages of the books, and thinks she is so big!  It just tickles me that she's so interested in reading!
Today, we read The Foot Book, and Sadie really liked it...I have a feeling this one will be in our "favorites" rotation!  
Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment