.

.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Holly Jolly Christmas

Welcome to our home dressed up for the holidays!!  These are a few of my most favorite things in our home this year...

My Willow Tree nativity set is on the dresser in our foyer area when you first walk in - Jesus is the reason for the season!!
 Our fireplace and mantle is BRIGHT and FUN :)
 I had to get new stockings this year so Ellie would have one that coordinated with mine and Brad's.  I love that we added a paw print to her name.
 As you could see on my mantle, I have a large collection of nutcrackers.  Brad gives me one every year, and others have given them to me as gifts.  I love the Joseph and Mary with Baby Jesus Nutcrackers that I got last year!
On our coffee table is my funky green twig basket filled with fun ornaments, and an arrangement with amaryllis, paper whites, maiden hair fern, and lots of bright green moss. 
Nothing will make me feel more in the Christmas spirit than to smell fresh pine and cedar!  I love to tuck it in all sorts of containers around the house.  (Yes, these are fresh flowers...a delightful thing about doing floral designs for events all the time is having a few flowers left over to use in my own house!!)
 I also collect Department 56 "Christmas in the City" village.  Here are just a FEW pieces...
 
 On to the kitchen!!  A little holiday cheer in my window sill...
 ...and, a few cute tea towels hanging on the oven.
 In our dining room, I have all sorts of cute Christmas platters and at the bottom I have a CANDY BAR!!!
 I started this last year, and it was a huge hit!  When friends and family stop by during the holidays, I like to have a little something special for them when they leave.  I have out treat bags and napkins and tell people to help themselves to take a treat with them.  And, of course the 4 Favorites LOVE visiting this little sweet spot!
This is a cute little sign that a local artist made...so cute!!  You can check her stuff out here.  
This is the only tree I decided to put up this year.  I normally have several up, but decided this year one tree would be just fine...however, this is not the best picture of it - oh well, you get the idea :)
 Of course, we have to have a little Christmas happy in the bathroom too!  This moss and berry topiary is one of a set of two that I made several years ago...it's amazing what I can do with a hot glue gun!! 
 I'm not big on Santa Claus, but I think this one is a cutie!
I just love everything about this sign that's hanging on the closet doors of our hall closet!
 And, this little girl is the best Christmas decoration there is :)
From our home to yours, we hope you and your family have a Christmas filled with the JOY of the Lord!!  Merry Christmas!

If you would like to see other homes in the Christmas Tour of Homes, check out the Nester and Kelly's Korner.  

5 comments:

  1. Lovely! I love the funky green basket and your stockings! Your deco is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your decorations. Everything looks so festive. I decided to do just one tree this year too. Sometimes it gets overwhelming.

    Your fur baby is precious. Don't they just take over the house, lol
    Merry Christmas, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have a yorkie that looks just like yours!!! his name is Dooley!!

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your decorations especially your Willow Tree nativity set! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love all your Christmas decor, especially the Merry Christmas, y'all sign and the Happy Christmas platter!

    I'm so excited to have found your blog.

    Merry Christmas,
    Shannon

    Webbisodes
    http://ourgatorzone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete