.

.

Friday, December 31, 2010

A Merry Little Christmas

Throughout the month, we have all sorts of Christmas get togethers with extended family and friends, but my favorites are the ones we have on Christmas because they're with our closest family! 

On Christmas Eve, I have brunch at my house for mine and Brad's immediate families.  I love that we can have a special time with both our families together, and the 4 Favorties LOVE getting to be at Aunt Hayley and Uncle Brad's house!!  This year, I had gingerbread cookies for them to decorate after we ate.  They were so cute!


Christmas Eve night, we went to Brad's parents house for dinner, exchanging gifts, and playing games.  We had a great time!!  We had been hearing "rumors" that we might get a little snow on Christmas day, but we were not really expecting it to happen...BUT, we woke up to a Winter Wonderland!!!  After Brad and I had our traditional Christmas breakfast and gift exchange at home, we headed to my mom and dad's.  Besides a little dusting we had one year when I was a child, it has never snowed on Christmas day in my life, so we were just as excited as the kids! 

We had snow ball fights...
 
Built a giant snowman...
 
 ...and well, Sam mostly ate the snow! HA!!
And, this little girl thought her first snow experience was AWESOME!!  Ellie was like a streak of lightning running around the yard in the snow!! HA!
 
We had such a fun day playing and laughing, eating yummy food, exchanging gifts, and watching Christmas movies!
We always have our Bailey Christmas gathering the day after Christmas.  We stay all day long, and we have a wonderful time.  This year we had it at the Bailey Farm, and got an awesome picture in the snow of EVERYONE - even my cousin came home from California for Christmas this year - with my grandparents house in the background...isn't it beautiful?!  (I hi-jacked this picture from Lori's facebook page - thanks Lori!!)  I really am so very blessed with an incredible family!! 
After all the family gatherings, my immediate family went and stayed at the lake for 3 days and it was W.O.N.D.E.R.F.U.L. to sleep late and not have anywhere to be or anything to do but play and relax...and, I didn't take a single picture!

I hope that each of you had a blessed Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment