.

.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Easter is Coming!

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent.  Are you participating in Lent this year?

Last year, Brad and I did - we fasted from sugar.  I had someone to ask me last year, "Why are you doing Lent??  We're Baptist!"  To which I replied, "Lent is a time to fast and prepare our hearts for Easter...that sounds like something that ALL Christ followers should be doing - no matter what denomination they are!!" 

The Bible does not mention Ash Wednesday or the custom of Lent, however, the practice of repentance and mourning in ashes is found in 2 Samuel 13:19; Esther 4:1; Job 2:8; Daniel 9:3; and Matthew 11:21. 

Sooo, this year I have decided to fast from soft drinks...you know, sodas...or, if you live in the South - Coke (we call ALL soft drinks Coke!) 
I am anxiously anticipating celebrating my Risen Savior this Easter!!  Are you??

No comments:

Post a Comment