.

.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Surprise!!

Well, y'all...I turned 30 last Monday.  It was super rainy and dreary all day, thanks to hurricane Irene - what appropriate weather for a day I have not exactly looked forward to!!  In reality, I know it's just a number, and there are soooo many wonderful things going on in my life right now, but it's gonna take me a while to "embrace" being a 30-something *sigh*...

Thankfully, I have A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. friends and family that love me and thought my 30th birthday was worth celebrating in a BIG way...so, they threw a spectacular SURPRISE party for me a few days before the BIG day!!!  

Our 4 Favorites were beyond excited to meet me at the car to bring me in to the party :)
 I was COMPLETELY overwhelmed at the room FULL of people there to celebrate with me!!  It's always good to be reminded of all the wonderful people in your life that love you!
You know the saying "always the bridesmaid, never the bride"?  Well, I'm always the host, never the guest of honor when it comes to parties!  It was fun to switch roles for the night! ;) 
 My mom did all the food, of course, and had some of my very favorites...and, my sweet friends Kim and Gina did all the flowers :)
 And, Bradley...well, his job was to get me to the party - which was not a very easy task...
 Love these gals!!
 And, these sweet girls too!!  The read a sweet poem they had written for me :)
I was accused of knowing about the party, because my clothes matched the color scheme, right down to the invitations!!  HA!
 It was a wonderful night, and we all had a great time!  Thank you so much to everyone that played a part in helping to celebrate!!!!  I will definitely not forget this birthday!

2 comments: