.

.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

80 Years Young

A couple of weeks ago, I did some floral designs for a very special lady's 80th SURPRISE birthday party.  Mrs. Dot Brasher is known and loved by most people in our community - she was a teacher for many, many years and who most say was the best teacher they ever had.  I was honored to be a part of this very special day to celebrate this milestone birthday!! 
The surprise party was a Garden Party, and I chose flowers that had an heirloom look to them - I wanted them to look like flowers my grandmother used to grow along the edge of her vegetable garden.  I used zinnias in vibrant shades of pinks, orange, and yellow as well as hydrangeas and snapdragons...
And, I did fresh cut in water so they looked like they came straight out of the garden. 
I used watering cans and old Ball jars for containers.
 
Her family had worked so hard to make it a special day, and it turned out to be a perfect garden party for a perfectly SURPRISED honoree!! 
Happy 80th Birthday, Mrs. Brasher!

No comments:

Post a Comment