.

.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sweet Sixteen

Hey y'all!!  I feel like all I have done the past several weeks is tell y'all about flowers and parties...and, well...that's been a lot of what my time has consisted of!!  This past weekend, I got to plan and decorate for a super duper fun party - a SWEET 16 SURPRISE party for my sweet Meg that is in our youth group at church!!  Her mom gave me the date and the color scheme, and left the decorating up to me.  Everything was in bubblegum pink, black, and white, with lots of zebra and polka dot prints...and what better way to welcome everyone to the party than with one of my infamous tulle rag wreaths :)
I found black and white polka dot and zebra pattern balloons - SO CUTE!! 
We wanted the party to be super girly, and no other flower is more FUN and girly than gerber daisies - in shades of pink and white of course!  It's hard to tell, but the flowers were arranged in moss covered purse containers...love these - I think they would be adorable for bridesmaids to carry for a real casual wedding (my wheels are already turning...)
We set up a table for the guest of honor and her girl friends to sit at, and then everyone else sat around the pool and porch.
We set up the food tables on the porch, and had lots and lots of these big pink Chinese lanterns hanging everywhere - these are so eye catching and super cheap but make a statement.  I've done several black and pink themed parties, so I already had the polka dot cloths and lots of fun serving pieces that we were able to use...
And, of course the best way to celebrate a SWEET 16 birthday is to have a SWEETS table!  I made the little sign and black and white jelly bean arrangements with pink rock candy suckers instead of using flowers on this table, and we had Meg's favorite candy, cookies, and of course her cake...
And, YES she was very SURPRISED!! :)  Happy birthday, Meghan...hope you had a very happy SWEET 16!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment