.

.

Monday, August 8, 2011

My Favorite Place...

...is without a doubt to be at the lake.  Sleeping in late, playing in the water, riding the boat, grilling out...ahhhh, it doesn't get much better than that for me!!  Don't get me wrong, I L.O.V.E. the BEACH but the lake and mountains are just "in my bones".  Sitting on the dock looking out across the water is where my heart is most content.  This summer, Brad and I have taken FULL advantage of every possible free minute to be at the lake, going for weeks at a time (really, we have been there as much as we've been home!)  
 
And, Miss Ellie Jane is a "lake dog" - she knows when we pull up at the gate where we are, and immediately starts scratching at the window ready to get out :)  That's my girl!!

A couple of weeks ago we spent the week with Brad's family, and had a great time!  Our sweet friend, Vickie came down and took some family pics for us - thank you Mrs. Vickie!!
I'm so thankful for our families, and that their not just our family but our friends - we laugh and have the best time just hanging out!
 And, 2 of our 4 Favorites with our 2 MOST favorite fur babies - Nikki and Ellie!
It has been a very blessed summer, and one that I really hate to see come to an end!!  Teacher work days started today in our schools, and summer is official over for me :-/  But, I have lots of sweet memories of summer 2011 and I can't wait for next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment