.

.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Goin' to the Chapel, and We're Gonna Get Ma-a-aaar-rried!



So, today at Kelly's Korner, the blog hop topic is wedding dresses - and since I love weddings, this was one blog hop I wanted in on! Brad and I married on April 5, 2003. Even after over 6 years, I still think my wedding dress was beautiful.

I had looked at many many dresses, and had tried on tons, but they just didn't seem to be the one. I wanted a dress that was timeless elegance - nothing trendy, with big bows or poofy sleeves! When I tried on this dress, I knew it was the one - it was the one that made my mama cry! It was slightly off the shoulders, with pearl beading on the bodice. The A-line skirt was satin with a sheer overlay, and had a chapel train. My favorite part was that it had pearl "buttons, buttons all down my back, back" and a pearl detail around the bottom of the skirt. I wore all pearl jewelry, and had a tiara that was pearls and diamond rhinestones. My veil, which was my "something borrowed" from my sister, was chapel length and was the same length as my train. My mother had painstakingly sewn on tiny seed pearls around the ENTIRE veil by hand. It was absolutely beautiful! My "something old" was my grandmother's engagement ring that I wore on my right hand. My "something new" was a handkerchief given to me at my Bridesmaid's luncheon; and, my "something blue" was my garter. I felt like an absolute princess in this dress!Me with my prince leaving in our white horse-drawn carriage!

...and we lived happily ever after!

"I have found the one my heart loves..." Song of Soloman 3:4

3 comments:

  1. ooo...I love wedding dresses too and yours is lovely! Thanks for hanging out at Chatting at the Sky. It is always so great to meet fellow youth pastor wives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so beautiful! love the dress. my wedding pictures are from the 90s with embarrassing extra big hair.

    ReplyDelete