.

.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Plantopia

Yesterday I went to the school to do so prep work for the beginning of the school year (I can't believe it's just around the corner!) On my way home, I stopped at a very cute little place called "Plantopia Nurseries" in Scant City. The business is inside an old white house, and they have several greenhouses behind it. They have BEAUTIFUL plants and containers, and incredible prices! Not to mention, the owner was PRECIOUS...she just talked and talked like we were old friends, and said "Aren't you the lady that puts together all those family nights at the schools?" Her son goes to Grassy Elementary, but she has brought him to Union Grove's P.I.E. nights as well. She was just the sweetest thing, and it really made me want to buy her plants. Are you like that - when someone makes you feel welcome, you are more likely to spend your money at their shop...or does it matter to you?

I got these 2 Boston ferns for $12.00 each (WOW!) and they are GIGANTIC! Anywhere else, they would have been $20 - $30 easily. The 2 of them barely fit in the back of my vehicle! I have them beside my front door in black urns. They look so pretty!
















When I went in to pay for the ferns, I saw that they also had canned homemade soups, jams, and fresh picked veggies and fruits. All of the vegetables and fruits are locally grown in Union Grove, and are brought to be sold daily - now that's fresh!! The peaches made the entire room smell so good, and I got a huge basket full for $9.00!! They had been picked that morning at a peach orchard just down the road - did anyone else know there was a peach orchard in Union Grove??

I have big plans for some peach ice cream, and a couple of peach cobblers to be made in the near future! YUM! Hopefully I'll have a few left over to freeze to have during the winter, too!

The rest of the day I worked on my newest decorating project - one of my guest bedrooms. I'm really excited about it!! It looked cute before, but I was just getting bored with it. I'll post pictures soon!!

Hope everyone had a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a couple of great deals! The peaches look YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going as soon as we start landscaping for the house. I love kind business owners......and I'll continue to go back everytime I need something. Question.....is there anything that you are not fantastic at? I am so impressed with your teaching, cooking, gardening, decorating, sewing, etc. WOW! You are Martha Stewart.....without the jailbird record :) I am most impressed!!

    ReplyDelete