.

.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

While I'm Waiting

Have you ever had to wait on God to give you the desires of your heart? Maybe it was waiting for Him to send you a husband/wife, a door to open for a job, someone to be healed, family issues to be resolved, or a multitude of other things that your heart has humbly longed for.

I have had to wait...and continue to wait...and, have went through trials and heartache while waiting...for 3 years....to have a child. And, it's not any easier waiting today than it was 3 years ago. It has been a difficult, heart wrenching, physically draining, emotionally numbing uphill path to walk...but, I'm still waiting. I've underwent every test, surgery, and procedure known in the fertility world (with the exception of invitro fertilization)...but, I'm still waiting. I have went through the trauma of a miscarriage and tubal pregnancy within a 9 month period...but, I'm still waiting. You see, "waiting" emplies I'm expecting something to happen. And, I do...I expect God to hear my prayers, and I expect Him to answer them. If I'm not waiting, I've given up all hope...and, that's just not good enough for me.


I heard a song on the way home from church last night that spoke to my heart. It's by a wonderful Contemporary Christian artist - John Waller.

The song, "While I'm Waiting", was used in the movie, FireProof - so many of you have probably heard it. This is John Waller's explanation on what motivated him to write this song:

"The explanation of this song is simple - I was waiting on God and I was hurting when I wrote the lyrics. I'm sure there are few people that can't relate to this song, but the important thing to remember while we're waiting on God is not to just wait but to actively wait. Serve...worship...and be faithful with what you have, where you are - even while you wait."

Here is a video of the song, and below are the lyrics. I hope this song will speak to your life's situations as you continue to wait on the Lord.

I'm waiting

I'm waiting on You, Lord

And I am hopeful

I'm waiting on You, Lord

Though it is painful

But patiently, I will wait


I will move ahead, bold and confident

taking every step in obedience


While I'm waiting

I will serve You

While I'm waiting

I will worship

While I'm waiting

I will not faint

I will be running the race

even while I wait


I'm waiting

I'm waiting on You, Lord

And I am peaceful

I'm waiting on You, Lord

Though it's not easy

But faithfully, I will wait

Yes, I will wait


I will serve You while I'm waiting

I will worship while I'm waiting

I will serve You while I'm waiting

I will worship while I'm waiting

I will serve You while I'm waiting

I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

6 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, that song and it gets me everytime I hear it. I have to remind myself all of the time that God answers prayers in his time not mine. His timing is perfect, mine is not. You and your husband will have all of your heart's desires in his precious time. Good things come to those who wait and serve him. Prayers go up and Blessings rain down! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogs are so inspirational. I know your wait will finally be over one day. I know it is hard. I have been there and believe me I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray that the Lord gives you His peace that passes all understanding. I am praying for you. Don't stop waiting for your heart's desire. His timing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Hayley I pray for you and Mr. Bradley all the time. I know that God will send yal a precious lil angel when he's good and ready to but right now you already have a bunch of precious angels (the youth group) that love and adore the both of you! Be patient & keep doing what you do. Yal inspire so many people everyday and I pinky promise God'll reward you, just when he's ready! I love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you soooooo much for such precious words of encouragement and loving thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete