.

.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

Thank you so much to all that sent in questions that you were interested in finding out more about me and my crazy life! This was really fun - hope you enjoy!

1.) What is your favorite Bible verse and why?
It would be really hard to narrow it down to one, because I have so very many...a lot of times a verse really touches me or pierces my heart, and I'll post it somewhere in our house - on our bathroom mirror, in the kitchen window sill, etc. One of my most favorite chapters is Psalms 40 - you need to read this chapter ASAP! Brad and I prayed this entire chapter every single night for 6 months a few years back, and it holds a very special place in my heart. I also have always loved Jeremiah 29:11-13: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

2.) What is your favorite dessert recipe and will you share it?
Being the good Southern girl that I am, I love Red Velvet Cake...but, I'm partial to my family's recipe - to which I don't know if they would like for me to share with all of blogland :)

But, one of my other most favorites is my Peanut Butter Cake - and, it is oh so very good!!! You can get the recipe here.

3.) Did you grow up an Auburn fan or did you become one when you attended college there?
I have been an Auburn girl since birth :) My mother's youngest brother went to Auburn and was a huge fan, and made sure all of his nieces and nephews followed suit...and we did!! All of my family are Auburn fans, and 9 of the 11 nieces and nephews are Auburn graduates or are students now!! WAR EAGLE!

4.) What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Mint Chocolate Chip, hands down!!!!

5.) You've told us about starting Graduate School, but not what you will be getting your Master's in - are you doing something in education?
Yes, I am getting my Master's in Early Childhood Special Education. My bachelor's is actually not in education - it's in Child Development and Family Studies - so it will take me a little bit longer to finish my Master's.

6.) I haven't seen anything about Brad and seminary lately...
Well, that's because due to Brad's VERY CRAZY schedule the past 6 months, he chose to take a couple semesters off. He will be start taking classes again this fall!!

7.) Your little Ellie is too cute!! Why did you decide to get a Yorkie?
Thank you :) Brad is actually the one that really pushed the idea of a Yorkie. I had been wanting a dog, and was torn between a Yorkie and a Miniature Schnauzer. I have had several friends that had Miniature Schnauzers, and I had always loved them. But, Brad just really liked the look of a Yorkie better...so, that's what we got. And, we are soooo happy with our decision!!!

8.) It seems like you have your hands in a lot of different pots with your job, family, ministry, fertility stuff, going to graduate school, floral designing, etc. Do you find it hard to juggle everything?
HA!!! Yes, it is most DEFINITELY a juggling act to keep everything going!! I sometimes feel like people think because we don't have children that mine and Brad's lives are just so easy going...but, that's far from the truth!! And, this week has been a week that I just didn't know if I could do it all...but, I have and will. I know when we have a child, my schedule will drastically have to change, but for now this is our life! I can honestly say there's no way that I could keep our schedule without keeping a calendar with EVERYTHING on it, the help of my mother (she is truly an angel sent from Heaven and helps me TREMENDOUSLY!), and lots of prayer!!!!! I also have to remember that I am only human and I do have my limits, so sometimes I have to say "no" to extra things.

Okay, well that's it for now - hope you enjoyed our Q and A! It was alot of fun...I got e-mails from several of you that I don't usually hear from. I love hearing from you!

1 comment:

  1. I love Q and A posts and I am gonna have to try that Peanut Butter cake soon! I am a Peanut Butter addict.

    ReplyDelete