.

.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Peanut Butter Cake

If you know me very well, you know I like to cook...ALOT! I cook supper usually every night of the week. For some people cooking is a chore, and something you do because you have to. Not for me. There's something therapeutic about it, and I like to try new ingredients and put a twist on an old favorite! I love to get new recipes, and thought it would be fun to share some of my own with y'all!

This past week, I was in the mood to bake. I made 2 Peanut Butter Cakes, and they were soooo YUMMY!! I made one for church on Wednesday night, and the other was for a get together with Brad's family for a pre-Father's Day celebration. Several people have asked for the recipe for this FABULOUS cake, so I thought this would be a great recipe of the week!

Hope you and your family enjoy this favorite as much as mine does! I got this recipe several years ago from a dear friend in the ministry, Suzanne Winningham. Thanks Suzanne!

Peanut Butter Cake

1 Butter Cake Recipe Cake mix OR Yellow Cake Mix (I always use Duncan Hines)
4 Tablespoons peanut butter
Mix cake mix according to package directions, and add the peanut butter before batter is completely mixed. Bake at 350 degrees in either a 10x13 pan, or 2 round cake pans for 30 - 35 minutes or until cake is set. Let cool.

Icing:
1 8oz. cream cheese, softened
4-5 Tablespoons peanut butter
3/4 box Confectioners sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1-2 Tablespoons milk

Cream cream cheese and peanut butter together. Add 1/3 of sugar, and blend. Add vanilla. Add another 1/3 of sugar, and blend. Add 1 tablespoon of milk. Add remaining sugar, and blend. If icing is too thick to spread, use 1 more tablespoon of milk. Mix all ingredients until completely blended.
Ice cake layers...and enjoy!!!
Since this week's recipe is a baked good, I have to put in a plug for a wonderful new product. It's called "Baker's Joy", and it is absolutely true to its name!! It is used in replace of having to grease and flour your cake pans...just simply spray the inside of the pan (just like a Pam spray) and voila! - You're ready to pour in your batter! It takes out a step that I despise and usually make a mess with. You need to try it - I guarantee you'll be glad you did!

If you try the recipe or the Baker's Joy, let me know what ya think!!!

Have a happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Haley,
    Thanks for the recipe. I love anything with peanut butter. I'll have to bake this for my family this week. Baker's Joy is wonderful. I love that stuff!!!! You are going to have to show me how to fancy up my blog!! I'm clueless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how your cake turns out! I just finished eating a piece, and it was soo good! :) I'll be glad to help you with your blog! I've had so much fun putting mine together - once you know what to do it's really easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you are posting you wonderful cooking recipes! I cna't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the PB cake!! It is fabulous!! Everyone has loved it!! I'll be looking for another recipe soon! :-) You'll be proud of me...check this out simplycissyblogspot.com (of course it's still a work in progress!

    ReplyDelete