.

.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Student Life - Here We Come!!!

Well, as I type this Brad and I have just loaded up our Youth Group and are heading to Student Life Camp for 5 days!! Camp this year is going to be in Gatlinburg, so it will be a little bit of a different set up than the normal camp. But, it promises to be an awesome week...Louie Giglio is the camp pastor, and contemporary Christian artists Fee, the David Crowder Band, and Leeland will be leading all the worship time!! I think I'm as excited to go as the youth! Most of our students have never been to an event of this magnitude, and I am so thankful that we have the opportunity to expose them to this. Back in the day, MY youth group would go to Student Life Camp...and, now I get to go back as a Minister's wife. It's very surreal! But, my excitement lies in one major component. When I look back on my life, so much of my spiritual growth as a teenager was marked by a camp, mission trip, Disciple Now weekend...God uses these times when we are stripped away from the "outside world" and are completely engrossed in His Word and fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ to shape us. Our Youth Group is so hungry for this type of growth - both individually and collectively. My prayer is that each one of them will come back and be changed - forever.



The theme this year is "FLIP" and is based on the verse "So the last will be first, and the first will be last" Matthew 20:16. Jesus teaches us to live in a way that is completely opposite of what the world says. He changes minds and hearts as he turns lives upside down. Please pray for us as we explore the FLIP!


I can't wait to see God move in the hearts and lives of our youth!





No comments:

Post a Comment