.

.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sweet Peace

OH...MY....GOODNESS, it has been some more of a day! A day where you just wish you could go hide somewhere that no one knows your name, phone number, or location to come find you.

When I left work today, my mind was spinning with mental "To Do Lists", my ears still full of loud demanding voices, my body physically limp and exhausted, and feelings of frustration and unaccomplishment lingering over me. It was a day that I felt that I didn't give my children all of myself because I was consumed in paperwork, standards, accreditation, BLAH BLAH BLAH....a whole bunch of timely work that says on paper I'm doing my job and our program is up to par.

Well, my spirit needed some respite from the chaos. I first had to stop to get this...


Then, after a few gulps of my favorite sweet goodness, the Lord reminded me of some sweet goodness from His Word:

"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalms 46:10

"Peace, be still." Mark 4:39

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28


Completely against my nature, I made my mind up that I was not going to let the chaos of my job consume me. That I was going to lay it at the feet of Jesus, and let Him fill my heart and mind with sweet peace.

And, I'm going to think on things that are "true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy" Philippians 4:8

These are the things I'm choosing to think about tonight...



The Beach...because it is LOVELY...ahhh - the ultimate place of serenity!



Bradley...because he is TRUE...he brings comic relief to this crazy life of mine, and reminds me to not take life too seriously!


Wonderful family and friends...because they are EXCELLENT...they make me laugh and bring joy to my life!


My girls (G.A.'s is tonight)...because they are PURE...and they make me smile, and their excitement reminds me what I was put on this earth to do!

And, lastly - my Heavenly Father...because He is PRAISEWORTHY...and He gives us peace when we simply ask for it.

Thank you Lord for the clarity that comes when our hearts and minds are focused on You and Your blessings!

1 comment:

  1. THank you so much of reminding me that I need to "Be still and know that God is God" and stop trying to make things work my way.. Sounds like we have had the same kinda day!!

    ReplyDelete