.

.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Weekend at Mt. Vernon

I know, I know, I know...I am becoming a major slacker in my blogging!! I promise I'm trying to get it together, and keep you up to date a little better. Just stick with me!!

So, last weekend we pretty much spent the entire time at our second home - Mt. Vernon.


Saturday was our annual Fall Fest and we had a blast!!


(Side note: Yes, all the signs were made with the Cricut. If you know me very well, you know my love for the Cricut. But, that's another post for another time!)

We had all sorts of carnival type games, and had inflatables for the children. It was a little chilly, but the kids didn't care - they had the best time!!


And, the adults had about as much fun as the children!

Toby and Brad


Rachel and Jason - this picture just makes me laugh every time I look at it :)
Greg and Amber


Then, Brad shared with the children and youth by using a pumpkin to tell about Jesus. It was really good, and the children were so attentive. I feel in my heart that seeds were planted, and am just sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for one of our sweet babies to surrender their life to the Lord!!

After a yummy chili and hotdog supper, we had a bonfire and roasted marshmallows. It was perfect for how cold it was outside!!


We ended the night with a hayride - 2 trailers full!


I love the fall, and the atmosphere that comes with the season! The Fall Fest is such a fun church wide activity, and we all look forward to it!

Then, on Sunday, we had Pastor Appreciation Day. Let me just tell you -

Brad and I are SO BLESSED!

Our Mt. Vernon family always goes above and beyond to show their love and appreciation for the work that Brad does, and it always brings me to remember how the Lord brought us to Mt. Vernon three years ago. We left a ministry that our hearts were so attached to, but just knew the Lord was calling us to serve elsewhere. How BLESSED we have been to heed to His calling at Mt. Vernon...we would have missed out SO MUCH on what He has for us!!!! We refer to our church as our family, because that is what they truly are to us. We love them, worry about them, pray for them, laugh with them, rejoice with them, hurt for them, and cry with them as much as we do our own families.

Besides the numerous cards, phone calls, and text messages sent throughout the month to tell Brad how much he was appreciated, they also gave him some very special gifts. One was a beautiful hand drawn illustration of the church done by a local artist.

Another gift I had a little bit of a hand in - I was asked to write a poem with a theme of God's calling into the ministry, from a child long before he knew he would be in the ministry. The poem was framed with a photo of Brad when he was 3 years old.


And, lastly, the church gave him a money tree for seminary expenses.
Aren't they amazing??!!??

Oh, and don't think I was forgotten!! Oh, but no - I received a gift card to do a little shopping!! They know me all too well :)

I told you - we are are SO BLESSED!!!

Well, that was our weekend - full of fall fun, full of family, full of love, and full of blessings!

I had lots of Halloween fun at school this week...I'll share about it very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Lol....you have a Cricut Expression. I don't even do crafty stuff and I want one.

    ReplyDelete