.

.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Shop Til Ya Drop!

My sister will love me forever and ever and ever for posting this picture of her standing in line at Wal-Mart at around 5:00 in the morning -
Yes, it is Monday night, and I am just now posting about Friday - BLACK FRIDAY that is! It has taken me almost 4 days to recuperate from the draining, gruelsome shopping that took place!!!!


Valerie and I started going shopping on Black Friday shortly after she turned 16 - some 15 years ago (Really, how is that possible??!!) It was the year of the Furby - does anyone remember those?? We went to Wal-Mart at midnight before it was a Super Center, and we stood in line in the freezing cold waiting to get in - not to buy ONE THING but to go watch the madness. It was great fun, and I can still remember the crazed mothers running in the store to get the coveted Furby to have for their little darlings come Christmas morn. I also remember people guarding their shopping cart, in fear that someone would steal the Furby out of the cart. HA!!!


Well, that very first Black Friday experience put an excitement in us that has never died. But now we actually go to buy things - not just watch!! HA! Lori joined our Black Friday shopping madness many years ago, and has been with us ever since. We've had several "drop ins" that thought they wanted to be apart of the craziest shopping day of the year, but were only able to handle the insanity 1 time.


Our shopping tradition always begins in the wee hours of the morning at Wal-Mart, and then we hit up Polo, Gap, Belk, and sometimes the mall. This year, Valerie and myself, along with Lori and Maggie Lynn went on the bargain hunt together. Maggie Lynn is a new comer to the Black Friday experience...we'll see if she is willing to be apart of the craziness again next year. :) So, my alarm clock went off at 2:00 a.m. Friday morning - I know...the complete and total insanity, right?? Well, I pulled out of my driveway at 3:45 and arrived at Wal-Mart just a few minutes later to this:

It cracks me up how very serious everyone looks in this photo. People were on a mission!! Crowded would not even come close to defining what Wal-Mart was like.



We got some really good deals and were able to get every thing we set out to purchase, except for one very big thing - a CRICUT!! Wal-Mart had them on sale for $188.00, and normally being between $300 - $400, it was a steal of a deal.They were all gone when I got there - and mind you, I was an hour and 10 minutes EARLY and they were still already gone!! I was oh so disappointed. Well, leave it to my Daddy to come to the rescue. A little checking around...a little searching on the internet...a few phone calls made to several other Wal-Mart stores in North Alabama...and within a few hours Daddy had located a Cricut, and went and picked it up. I was so filled with joy when I saw the Cricut box sitting on my parents kitchen table waiting to be opened...Made me feel like I had gotten a Furby for Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment