.

.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Overwhelmed

My heart has been soooo overwhelmed this week.

The pictures, stories, and news coverage of Haiti have just been heart breaking. I watch feeling so helpless - there are sooo many HUGE needs. The biggest things that we can do, though, is PRAY and give financially to good quality organizations that can get the supplies and food that hundreds of thousands of people need in order to LIVE. People need our help to survive, and we are called to do whatever we can to take care of them: "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress" James 1:27

I know there are so many people that are stuggling financially right now, but if you are able please find a way to give. Brad and I are giving to Compassion - we sponsor 2 children through Compassion already, and believe in this ministry. We know that the money we give for Haiti will be used to specifically help the children in Haiti. Click on the link below to give online:





The other thing that has weighed so heavy on my heart has hit a little closer to home. A friend and colleague, Amy Cagle, found out yesterday that her 6 year old son - Auston - has leukemia. They are at Children's Hospital, and will be there indefinitely.

I serve a mighty God, and I know His hands are at work. He is the Great Physician. The Prince of Peace. Please join me in praying for the Cagle family as they walk this very hard road. Pray for strength, peace, healing, recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment