.

.

Monday, January 11, 2010

What A Week It Has Been!

My last post was last Monday, one week ago today. I was all excited and just plain giddy at the mention of SNOW in the forecast. I have no desire to live anywhere that snow is an every-winter-day occasion, but I love the every-once-in-a-while snow day :)

Well, we ended up having NO SCHOOL on Thursday and Friday because of the winter storm that was moving in to North Alabama, and UNBELIEVABLY Brad even left work at 2:00 Thursday because of the weather - truly the first miracle of 2010!! He had also planned to take Friday off to spend time with yours truly, and start getting things ready for his trip to Japan. Friday morning I woke up and immediately looked out the window, and what did my wondering eyes see?? SNOW!! YEA, SNOW!! I LOVE YOU, SNOW!! I'VE BEEN MISSING YOU SO!!

I threw on my clothes and shoes, grabbed my camera and lens, and headed outside to take some pictures of the fresh layed snow that would no doubt melt away before lunch. I stepped out on the porch, and looked down at the steps. Our front porch steps are prone to icing over, and I knew I would need to go down ever so c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y. "It's just snow, no ice" I told myself - "they're not iced over."
First step, no problem. Second step -

"AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"
BANG!!!
SNAP!!!!
CRASH!!!!!
"BBBBBRRRRRAAAAAADDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!"


I had a little...ummm...fall. And, yes, there was ice. A solid sheet of it hiding underneath the snow on the steps!

Praise the Lord, Bradley was at home (which in itself is AMAZING) and able to come scoop me up, and gather up my camera and lens that were in the flower bed, or grass, or sidewalk...where ever they were flung to in my completely not graceful, but most definitely painful fall. And, yes I was MOST CONCERNED that the camera was alright before turning my attention to my throbbing right foot. The same foot, by the way, that had a large tree limb fall on it a few years ago. Yes, I indeed have the BEST luck!

After a little persuasion from Brad, I consented to a trip to the ER where we eventually learned that my ankle was fractured. All because I was so happy to see my ol' friend, SNOW, and snap a couple of pictures before it went away...

So, here I am - completely dependent, which I do not handle very well. I have called for Brad's help in the past 4 days more than I have in the past 6 months. He's been absolutely positively FANTASTIC, and I've been so thankful he's been here. I just HATE asking for help - goes completely against my nature. But, I've learned some things about myself, and the Lord has spoke to my heart through all of this about some things that I'm still processing. I'll share more later.

Now, don't think Brad and I haven't had a few laughing spells through all of this! I mean, falling is one of those things in the category of "HILARIOUS". It worked to my advantage that Brad did not watch me fall, or he would have had to gather himself together from a laughing fit before he could help me. Why is it that someone falling is just so... funny??

Brad leaves in the morning to go to Japan on business. Could I have any better timing??? But, I have soooooo many family and friends that will be taking care of me, I won't know what to do with myself.

Well, I must go. I've got LOTS to do. Lay on the couch. Look at my toes that desperately need to be painted. Watch another 4 or 5 movies before time to go to bed. You know - Busy, busy busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment