.

.

Monday, August 23, 2010

A Slumber Party!

This weekend we partied all weekend long for Carolyne and my mom's birthdays! Carolyne's 6th birthday was this past Monday, and she had her first-ever spend the night party! To say she was excited is a strong understatement...and the four girls that joined her for the night were pretty pumped too :)
Valerie and I transformed her dining room table to look like a bed. I brought a headboard that I had at my house that was not being used, and all the pillow shams, bed skirt, and comforter I found at Dirt Cheap for $7.56!!! Now that's Dirt Cheap! HA!! Nothing really matched - it was just all bright colors that coordinated with the serving pieces that we had, so it worked. The big hanging tissue paper flower puffs were in a craft kit I bought at Wal-Mart months ago in the clearance aisle that I knew would come in handy sometime.
This was the first thing the girls saw when they came in the house and was where they had all their meals. They just loved getting to eat on a bed!
Valerie always does a craft at the kids' parties, and what better thing to do for a sleepover than to decorate pillowcases...with spray (fabric) paint!
The adorable cake - personalized with the birthday girl in the middle and her 4 friends in sleeping bags :)
We set up a little "spa" and painted the girls' finger and toe nails. They look so "big" looking at their magazines! HA!
I read "Fancy Nancy" to the girls, and then we had our own little "Fancy Fashion Show"...
We ended the night with popcorn and a movie! The girls were bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6:30 Saturday morning!!! I could have slept a few more hours...It was such a FUN party! Carolyne told me several times this was the best party EVER :)

Happy Birthday, Carolyne!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This might be the cutest birthday party ever! I love the tablescape and the cake! And the girls looked so cute dressed up in their Fancy Nancy outfits :)

    ReplyDelete