.

.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Chocolate Fever

Tuesday night, I had the biggest chocolate craving...and, there was nothing in the house that was chocolate. Hmmmm, what could I make?? I remembered an easy chocolate dip that I've made to dip strawberries in that's really good - but, I didn't have any strawberries. My wheels started turning to think how I could turn that dip into fudge. Let me just tell you what - I believe I heard angels singing when I sank my teeth into the first bite of fudge! HA! It was so ridiculously easy to make, and soooo very YUMMY...I just had to share it with you! Next time you have one of those "I'd kill for some chocolate right now" moods, you'll be ready and armed with this recipe!!
Toasted Pecan Fudge

1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
1 pinch of salt
1/2 cup pecans

Toast pecans on a cookie sheet in a 425 degree oven just until they are slightly crisp. (I know that toasted pecans sounds strange for fudge, but TRUST ME they are what make this fudge so awesome!!) Set aside.

Over medium high heat, mix the condensed milk and chocolate chips until chocolate is completely melted, stirring constantly (this will stick and burn very quickly if not stirred!!) Add butter and salt, and stir until butter has melted and mixture is smooth.

Then, it's FUDGE POURING TIME!!! (sorry, inside joke with Brad...) Pour chocolate into a container (depending on the thickness you want your fudge to be - I usd a rectangle Tupperware 'cool cuts' container, probably about 6x11). Top with pecans, and press pecans into the fudge slightly.

Let cool completely, then cut into squares (it's best to let it cool several hours, but I had to get a piece MUCH sooner than that...). Keep in refrigerator until ready to eat. It's best to let it set out for a couple of minutes to soften...but, again - I had to have a piece much sooner than that :)

Now, yes you could do this in a double broiler, but it does just as well to do it straight in the pot. You could also chop the pecans and even mix the pecans into the fudge before pouring, but I like them whole and on top.

Hope y'all try this soon...it is sooooo good!!! Let me know what ya think!

1 comment:

  1. This looks SO delectable. I can't really even stand it! YUMMMMMMMMMO!

    ReplyDelete