.

.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Where We Slumber

Today I am joining Kelly's Korner tour of master bedrooms!

 Where we slumber...
I am not a matchy-matchy person at all...I like things to coordinate, and I'm all about different textures and prints mixed together.  Our comforter is red and camel colored striped linen and has wooden button details (from World Market); the camel matelesse coverlet and shams has a small leaf design in it (from Tuesday Morning); and the floral was a print that I absolutely LOVED from Polo, but they only had flat sheets left in it...so, my mom - OF COURSE - made my bedskirt, shams, window treatments, and shower curtain using the flat sheets.  Yes, she is the best!!
Our room is painted in a custom mixed color that matched the bedding we had several years ago.  But, I absolutely love this color so much that I couldn't paint over it.  And, the floral fabric has this color in it (although you can't tell it in these photos!) so it actually looks great with what we have now too. 
We got our furniture when we first got married.  I actually saw it in a Southern Living magazine ad and fell in love with it's timeless, simple details.
I wish that we had room for a little sitting area and have a nice cushy chair and ottoman, but I probably would never sit there...but, it would be pretty! HA!!
Sweet dreams!

If you missed the tour of my living room, you can see it here.

3 comments:

  1. I don't ever comment on blogs! I just had to say I love your bedding and how you matched it very unexpected and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner. Using those flat sheets was so clever! I'll have to keep that idea in mind. :)

    Alison
    http://welcomesunshinehome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped by from Kelly's Korner too (it's taking me forever to get to everyone's - but I'm determined!) I had to comment on yours though, because I'm Hayley with 2 Ys too, also a Baptist girl, and for almost 4 years a pastor's wife, prior to that he was a youth minister. (Married 10 yrs total.) We just had quite a bit in common and I thought I'd say hi, tell you I like your room, I had to read some of your story (because sometimes I'm nosy like that!) and tell you I prayed for you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete