.

.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

30 by 30 Update

Today, Sunday September 26th I am exactly 344 days away from turning the big 3-0. *sigh*  If you have been following me long, you know that I have a 30 by 30 list - basically it's 30 things I would like to do before the big birthday.  Since I first started this in March, I have crossed off 7 things, and there are several others that I'll be able to cross off very soon!!  YEA me :)

1. Take a cake decorating class
2. Become much more “picture taking” and “editing” literate
3. Learn how to can food So proud of what I was able to do this summer... "Summer Harvest"
4. Learn to drive a stick shift (Brad would be SO PROUD!!)
5. Make pasta from scratch
6. Become a mother
7. Visit the Amish Country
8. Go on a weeklong vacation with Brad that is far enough away it would require a plane, train, or boat to get there We went on a cruise!!!  You can read about it here, here, and here.
9. Attend Beth Moore LIVE! in Atlanta It was so awesome...take a look see for yourself!
10. Go to at least one Auburn game this fall…I so miss being on the Plains on Gameday!!
11. Have a Girl's Night with my best girlfriends from High School
12. Be accepted into Graduate School  YEA!!  I started school this summer.
13. Complete my Master’s Degree
14. Have Brad at least 2/3 finished with Seminary
15. See 2 people that I have been praying fervently for to find salvation!!
16. See one of my dearest friends become a Mrs.!!  I went ahead and marked this one off, because the engagement has already taken place and wedding plans are underway for November 27th...so excited for you, Lori and Brandon!!
17. Plant a vegetable garden
18. Become part of a CSA
19. Get a puppy  Goodness, it doesn't take very long to look around on this blog and figure out this one is a definite!!  It's hard to believe we have already had her almost 6 months...our little Ellie Jane!
20. Shed enough pounds and inches to wear the dress I wore on mine and Brad’s 1st date (yes, I’m pathetic…9 years later and I still have it!)
21. Start recycling
22. Organize and preserve my digital photos
23. Make Pioneer Woman’s Cinnamon Rolls (This is completely contradicting #20, but this was the first recipe that I ever heard about before I even knew who or what Pioneer Woman was, and ever since then I have wanted to make these!)
24. Redo landscaping around house and pool  I haven't posted about this, so I'll just tell you...the past several weeks me and my parents have taken on the HUGE project of working on our landscaping.  HUGE project!!!  It looks INCREDIBLE though, and I am beyond THANKFUL for all their help!!
25. Complete at least one of the projects off my Home Improvement Wish List (yes, it's a sickness…I have lists for lists!)
26. See the movie "Blindside" (no, I have still NOT seen it!)
27. Go on a picnic with Brad
28. Make an effort to call or send a card once a week to someone for encouragement
29. De-clutter. Organize. Simplify.
30. Consciously remind myself to find joy in every day!

Okay, okay - I know there is a LOT of things left in a short amount of time, but I'm determined!!  I'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

  1. You have accomplished some pretty big things! I need to revisit my list today too and see how I am doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley, thanks so much for posting your update today!! You've been busy. And, little Ellie is ADORABLE!!!
    E

    ReplyDelete