.

.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summer Harvest

One of the many, many reasons Summer is one of the BEST times of the year...
I have "put up" as we say here in the South (translation: canned or froze vegetables for winter) okra, squash, green beans, bell pepper, and some of the most fabulous Gourmet Pickles you've ever tasted in your life...they'll make you slap yo' mama, and I'm not even kidding! Canning and freezing food makes me feel so domestic and wifely :)
Unbelievably, I've not made a single trip to the Farmer's Market this year - which I typically visit at least once a week during the summer. Brad's parents have a garden this year, and have graciously shared LOTS of veggies with us, and several sweet families from church have brought heaping bags filled with fresh-picked produce for us to have. I'm so thankful for the family and friends that have shared their wonderful garden goodness with us!!! We have enjoyed it soooo very much!

Just a side note - "Learn how to can food" was #3 on my 30 by 30 List and, I'm proud to cross that one off the list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment