.

.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pondering

"I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received." Ephesians 4:1

This verse has weighed heavy on my heart...am I living the life I was called to live? Am I using my gifts and talents that are 100% God given for His glory, or am I just wandering around "dabbling" in this and that, and missing God's best for me?

I often tell Brad that I want to live with no regrets. I don't want to look back when were old and wrinkly and go thru a list of "should-a, could-a, would-a's". I want to live every day "worthy of the calling we have received". I don't want to always play it safe and do what seems to be the logical thing - I want to take leaps of faith, even when our choices to everyone else seems crazy. When I get overloaded with what the world tells me I should be doing and I'm stressed out, unhappy, and overwhelmed - I have to remind myself of what Brad and I were called to do - to serve Him. To minister to His children, teach His Word, and live a life of worship. THAT'S our calling...THAT'S our purpose...THAT'S when Brad and I are "living a life worthy of the calling we have received".

A few years ago, I was at a Beth Moore conference and she talked about how we are to know what we are supposed to do with our lives. She said God gives every one of us a passion for something. For her, that passion was teaching His Word and writing...and, that's what she does - and, has taught and encouraged MILLIONS of people about Jesus by doing it. She said that her advice to anyone trying to see what God's will is for their lives is to do what you are passionate about doing - God wouldn't give us that passion unless He wanted us to use it for something.

So, these are the things that I find myself pondering - what IS my passion? What's that one thing that breathes life in to me when I do it, talk about it, think about it? Am I using it for God's glory and "living a life worthy of the calling I have received", or am I too busy spending time doing what the world tells me is safe and logical?

Sorry for the random, scattered thoughts today....

No comments:

Post a Comment