.

.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Oh How I Love Lists!

1.  Have I ever told y'all that?  I love to make a list.  I have notebooks everywhere - on the fridge, on my night stand, in our basket that holds our bills, in my car, and don't even get my started on my stash at school - and they are all just waiting for a good ol' list to be written in them.  When my mind gets C.R.A.Z.Y. scattered and I can't think because so many things are going on - I make a list.  And, I think the reason I love lists so much is I get to quit telling myself  "remember this" and "don't forget to" because it's written down...but, the best part:  crossing things off the list.  Ah, the satisfaction of seeing things completed.  Just makes me happy :) 

2.  We have been working so HARD in our house the past several weeks, and it's so exciting to get things done that we have wanted to do...but, boy are we tired!  I guess "no pain, no gain"...

3.  It's so nice to see that Fall has finally started to show up in the South!!!  The weather has just been AWESOME this week, and gets me in the mood to start putting out pumpkins and scarecrows!

4.  This weekend I am attending a wedding of a girl that I babysat when she was little.  This is significant for 2 reasons:  I am ATTENDING a wedding - like as a guest.  I have worked at more weddings than I could possibly count in the past several years, but one that I dress and arrive as a guest and not arrange one floral arrangement or carry one tray of food....hmmm, I can't even remember the last time that happened.  The other reason this is significant:  I was the bride's BABYSITTER!!  The girl that will soon be married I used to jump on the trampoline with and make kool-aid for.  I just can't get over the fact her parents are letting her getting married at the age of 12! ;)

5.  My heart has been so burdened for a dear family in our town.  Their 14 year old son was involved in a car accident on the way home from the Auburn game this weekend, and he was killed.  The grandmother was driving and suffered many injuries.  I grew up with this family, and went to church with them most of my life.  Please help me pray for the William's family to find comfort and peace that only God can bring.  God is using this for His glory though - 3 students gave their life to the Lord as a result of the accident! 

6.  This is so random, I know, but I'm so excited to tell you that I have half of our Christmas presents bought already!!  I have always bought and put things up throughout the year, but this year I have really worked hard to do this, and I've got a LOT done!!  YEA!!

7.  One reason being on top of the Christmas buying is so important is because I have 2 big weddings right before Christmas...so, I'm not going to have time to be shopping (I can't believe I just said that!).  Don't worry - there will be lots and lots of pictures!!

8.  My Fall Break starts in 9 days!!  YIPPEE!!  Not gloating...just thankful :)

9.  Our little Ellie has been so much fun lately.  We have only had her for 6 months, but it seems like she's been with us forever...she's been such a sweet addition to our little family!!

10.  I don't have anything else to tell you, but I can't end on an odd number...sorry, my OCD is kicking in!!

1 comment:

  1. I love a good list, honey!!! I have one going right now, which reminds me, I need to go write something down, LOL. I love to cross things off. You ever write something down, just so you can cross it off??? hee-hee-hee (I have).

    ReplyDelete