.

.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Youthquake '10

Ok, y'all...so I'm a little late...um, a week late actually.  Things have been INSANE around here!!  So, this week I'm going to be doing a little bit of catching up.  Last weekend, we took some of our youth from church to Youthquake...we had a GREAT time!!!
The weather was just awesome...much better than wet and muddy like last year!  And, there were lots of great bands and musicians!
I know the quality of this picture isn't the greatest (I forgot to take my good camera with me!!), but one of my favorite Christian artists was there - Casting Crowns...love them!
Brad always ends up meeting all sorts of cool people when we go places.  They had asked for all the Youth Pastors to attend a short meeting before the day got started, and Brad ended up meeting and chatting with Mark Hall (lead singer of Casting Crowns) and his wife! 
It was awesome to be surrounded by 6,000 teenagers singing (and, some rocking out!) to songs to the Lord!
We always have an AWESOME time hanging out with "our kids"...maybe because we're like kids ourselves :)

I've got lots of other things to share with y'all that's been going on in the world of the Powell's the past week...check back tomorrow and, I promise I REALLY will post!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment