.

.

Monday, March 15, 2010

1 Test, 2 Kids, 3 Busy Days

This weekend has been a busy but decent one. Friday and Saturday my mind was fixed on one thing, and one thing only - the PRAXIS 2. This is a test that my state's Department of Education within the past few months has deemed necessary to pass in order to start in a Master's program (aside from the GRE as well - aren't I just so lucky??). I won't know for several weeks how I did, and I am sooooo anxious to hear!!

I have applied for Graduate School and hope to be accepted to my Alma Mater - Auburn University!! I would be so excited to not only have my Bachelor's degree from Auburn, but my Master's as well!

Please help me pray that I pass the Praxis with flying colors, and am accepted into the Graduate School. I have been SOOOO STRESSED!!! Thanks!

After my test, I went and picked up my niece and nephew - Carolyne and Sam. Valerie and Robby had went on a trip to Gatlinburg with their Life Group from church, so my parents and I split up the time to take care of the kids. Brad is working 3rd shift for a few weeks, so it was nice to have Carolyne and Sam with me to keep me company for a couple days!

Unbelievably, I did not take a single picture while they were with me except for a few with my phone...
After church on Sunday, we went to my Aunt Shirley and Unce Billy's house, and Lori and Tyler were there. My aunt and uncle are like my 2nd set of parents - I spent sooooooo many nights at their house growing up. And, Lori and Tyler are much more like my SISTER and BROTHER than cousins - we always have the best time together, and we all have LOTS of dirt on each other. HA!! Carolyne and Sam just adore each of them so they were excited to get to spend the day with them. Of course, Lori had bought them "goodies" (as Carolyne says), and they played games, ate LOTS of candy, and colored until their hearts were content. :) Then, they went to see the donkeys. Carolyne is TERRIFIED of animals. T.E.R.R.I.F.I.E.D. The only ones I've never seen her run away from in complete fear were her 2 cats. Other than that - TERRIFIED! Well, Sam of course was excited to go see the donkeys - Carolyne, not so much. HA! But, she still had a great time. It was such a fun day!

Today, was the beginning of Spring Break for us - WOOHOO!!!! And, we started it off right - Carolyne and Sam didn't get up until 9:30! HOLY MOLY! It was so wonderful to get to sleep in after a busy several days. And, we vegged out all day in our pj's watching movies. It was wonderful!!

After I dropped the children off with Val and Rob this afternoon, I came home and made Chicken Spaghetti (one of our all time favs - I'll share the recipe soon!) and Brad I watched our most favorite non-reality TV show - Chuck.
It's just the best! We have been faithful followers since the pilot aired 3 years ago....YES, it's that good of a show!!! If you're not watching it, you need to be! It will change your life. Well, not really - but, I bet you'll be a Chuck fan after just one show!


So, what have you been up to this weekend??

1 comment: