.

.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Saint Patty's Day!

G'day to you and yours - And a great big Happy Saint Patty's Day!!


I've been cooking up some ol' Saint Patty cupcakes today! And yes, Brad and I are still sugar-free for Lent - but, can't I bake something yummy for others to enjoy?




I got inspiration for these crazy green cupcakes from Bakerella, which is where I get lots of fabulously crazy baking ideas :) Instead of Red Velvet, they are Green Velvet Cupcakes...just replace the red food coloring with green food coloring and VOILA! you've got some green as grass cake batter!! The icing is cream cheese icing just like what you would use for a traditional Red Velvet Cake...except instead of pecans they have shamrock sprinkles.


And, in honor of the day, I leave you with an Irish blessing:


May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

The rains fall soft upon your fields and,

Until we meet again,

May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment