.

.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Inspired

Today, I'm thankful for words that inspire.  What an odd thankful post, huh?!  Well, it's true!  Aside from a music junkie, I'm also a quote junkie.  Yes, of course I love God's Word, and look to it daily for words of wisdom, insight, and encouragement.  But, this past week these are the quotes that have pierced me to the core, and caused me think on a deeper level of who I am:

"Comparison is the thief of all joy"

and

"Be intentional with your time - only commit to the things that you are the ONLY ONE that can do them"


Both of these speak to the season of life I'm in right now.  The comparison quote has rocked my world...many, many (did I say many) people that I know/am FB friends with/follow their blogs, etc. are pregnant or have just had babies.  This quote has reminded me over and over that comparing my situation to theirs is only robbing myself of joy - and, why should I allow that??

Being intentional with my time is a MAJOR step.on.my.toes. kinda quote.  I feel such responsibility and guilt to do things that other people could take care of if they would just step up, but I do them out of obligation rather than joy.  That is not God's best for me.  God's best for me is to commit only to what only I can do - I'm the only one who can be Brad's wife and helper in ministry.  I'm the only one that can take care of my health.  I'm the only one who can be Valerie's sister.  I'm the only one who can be an aunt to our 4 Favorites.  I'm the only one that can keep up my friendships.  Those things that I'm the ONLY ONE that can do it are the things that need me.  All the other  "things" that fill up my time may be GOOD things, but are not always God's BEST things.  Lots of pondering to do on this subject...

So, what inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment