.

.

Monday, November 29, 2010

30 Days of Thanks...Day 29

Peace.

Solitude.

Rest.

Quiet.

Oh how very thankful I am today for a day at home, away from the world to recoop from the weekend.  It's rainy and cold, and I've been able to snuggle up with my little Ellie, watch reruns, do a little pre-holiday casseroles for the freezer, and clean my kitchen.  No one has needed anything from me today - no questions that needed to be answered, no decisions to be made, no flowers to be arranged, no children to teach.  I've needed rest physically and mentally, and how very thankful I am to have been given this day to do just that! 

When I was on Facebook earlier, I read one of my friend's status' that just spoke to my heart:
"God is so good. He has provided for me and loved me even when I was so unloveable. Thank you Lord. I pray I can love like you love today and give like you give....You are my King. Thanks for another day to work." 
Oh how I pray that I can have that attitude every day - a thankfulness for another day to work for Him, instead of dreading morning because of what the day holds. 

Father, thank you for this day of rest and renewal.  Thank you for loving me.  I pray I can love like you love today and give like you give.  You are my King.  Thanks for another day to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment